italiano english francais deutsch
"al Mangia" ..... the name, maybe a bit special, comes from the tower of the Palazzo Comunale. The origin of the name of the tower dates back to 1300 when his first bell-ringer, Giovanni Ducci, who, having the wonderful habit of spending all his earnings in eating and drinking, was dubbed by the citizens of Siena " Mangiaguadagni" or more simply "Mangia", the tower was then called the "Torre del Mangia". 4 cantoni
Ristorante al Mangia • Piazza del Campo • Tel +39 0577 281121 • Fax +39 0577 43997 • almangia@almangia.it